Professional cooking tuition in a friendly & relaxed setting. A great way to spend time with friends learning tips & tricks.
Coming up @ Cucina Colac
THE BAKING SERIES
Discover the tricks and fun of baking
- Sourdough breads – a full day workshop with a tour of a sour dough bakery included. You will be shown how to create your very own culture and how to keep it to pass on to your family, start a tradition right here at this class.
- Choux masterpieces
- Cakes and biscuits
- Pastry – tarts, pies and much more
THE WORLD COOKING SERIES
- Japanese – an ancient cuisine deeply rooted in tradition and the seasons. The class will discover what Japanese people eat at home.
- Chinese – the Wonder of the Dumpling
- Italian – regional cooking of Tuscany
- Italian – the Slow Food ideology
- The magic of ‘real’ Mexican food
- Authentic African – the taste of Sudan
- Spanish tapas and sweets
- Indian cooking with guest presenter
- Fresh Cheeses – delicate fromage frais, fromage blanc, cream cheese and fresh curd cheese, plus a brined fetta
THE GARDEN HARVEST & FORAGING SERIES
- Fowlers Vacola Preserving this is the class where you will be shown all the tips and tricks your grandmother didn’t get to pass on because we got too busy to care and convenience foods, loaded with sugar and preservatives, became the norm. Discover the healthy way to preserve the abundance of the seasons
- Olive Workshop
ICE CREAM and ICED DESSERTS SERIES
- Old-fashioned favourite ice creams such as fresh strawberry and real vanilla, as well as modern ice creams with an Australian twist like macadamia, eucalyptus and wattle-seed. We will also try some whimsical flavours – curried pumpkin as well as salted caramel.
- Discover the secrets and quick ways to have a delicious dessert for dinner parties or as an after school treat for the kids
Semi Fredo, Galati and Sorbets
- Check website for classes and info www.cucinacolac.com